Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dippin' the Double Stuff

After lunch or dinner, if the twins do a good job and they eat some fruit or veggies, they get to pick dessert. Lately Tom has been picking a "mama cookie" also known as Double Stuff Oreo to the rest of the world. He told me the other day he'd like to dip his cookie in a glass of milk because that's what the picture on the front of the package told him to do. It's a photo of an oreo splashing into milk, for those not in the know.

Tom's been begging Abby to dip her oreo too. Well yesterday she decided it was time to try the dip! I got her a wide mouth plastic glass, filled it with milk and set her up at the table with her oreo cookie. I wasn't paying attention much and about 5 minutes later, there she sat, alone at the kitchen table with puppy dog eyes and cookie crusted lips. She says, "Mommy? I forgot to dip my cookie." Oh, it was so heartbreaking, but so funny at the same time! Unfortunately for her, she had eaten the very last oreo in the entire house, so there was no dipping that day. Maybe next week.

Here is a completely unrelated photo of the twins taken last weekend. They really are best friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tara,
I can't help but notice how clean the car looks and the car seats... do you have a no eat/drink rule in your car????
Pam & Hunter

The Mantha Family said...

I love, love, love Double Stuff Oreos - good choice Tom! That is sweet how they are holding hands. How did Abby skin her knee?

Tami said...

Oh my gosh, Tara...They are beautiful children. I LOVE the oreo story. I know that heartbroken/confused face SO well! Poor girl.

I'm glad you gave me the link to your "off-campus" blog..I'll be here often!

Tami (Izemmom)