Monday, March 31, 2008

A Weekend of Firsts

The twins are always thinking up mischievous things to do in their room. After nap time they usually play in their room for a good 30 minutes before they "let" me come in to get them. A couple days ago I opened the door to find them both with their underwear around their heads. Tom was also sporting Abby's pink slippers as gloves. Fashion Divas I tell you!



Yesterday morning the twins were wound up literally running circles around us. Tom was leading Abby by the hand running through the house giddy as can be. Abby didn't seem to mind that she was practically being dragged because Tom is so strong and fast. Here they are, rounding the corner, being surprised by the paparazzi.



Notice Tom is sporting his "bugs" PJs. He's pretty much worn them every night since he got them in December. Surprisingly, they are not red all over, but they do have a red bug on them. He's going to have to find a new favorite soon. It's getting warmer here and fleece head to toe just simply won't fly in the summer months.

Over the weekend Tom drew his very first picture that actually resembles the object he was trying to draw. I was so excited I frantically asked Paul to get the camera and snap a photo. This is a little picture of a person, eventually complete with legs and arms as well. The dots on the cheeks are deliberate. As Tom drew them he said, "These are the two cheeks just like I have two cheeks Mommy!" I especially like the squiggle of hair on top.



And perhaps the most shocking news of the weekend, I kid you not, Paul is going gray! I knew raising twins would get to one of us sooner or later. I'm just glad it's him. So this is how it all went down. We were driving home from Davis on Saturday and I looked over and noticed on his sideburns there was a gray hair! Then at the base of his neck there were many gray hairs! They are very hard to see in the artificial light at home, which may be why I never noticed them before. Before you know it he'll be needing reading glasses too.

5 comments:

PxT said...

There is no gray.

MamaLlama said...

Well gray is very distinguishing. I'm not sure the twins are the only culprits though, just kidding.

Chipmunk Chatter said...

That is a great picture Tom drew! You have a little artist. :) And Adam has been gray for years on his neck hairs and side burn hairs...I guess I can't blame it on Hannah...it has to be me. :)

The Mantha Family said...

Please let Paul know that I'm happy to share some of Ashley's diapers with him if he needs them. :-)

What did you email Ellen and Oprah about? I saw that on your twitter thing.

Looks like Tom and Abby are having lots of fun running around! No wonder they sleep so well!

Bobbi said...

I just saw your blog on cf.com & came to check it out...the twins are so cute!!!