Friday, March 07, 2008

The Park: Take Two

For the second time this week we ventured to the park since the weather has been so nice. This time we went to the "old park" which is almost a year old, but six months older than the "new park". Both are within a half mile of our house. For the second time this week the twins also suckered me into letting them ride their bikes to the park. Let me just say, never again! I wanted to drive the car there, and I should have listened to my gut. I sat them down and explained I would not be carrying them or their bikes home. If they rode bikes to the park, they would need enough energy to ride the bikes home. Well, this time it was Abby's turn to throw a fit.

She screamed

B
L
O
O
D
Y

M
U
R
D
E
R

the entire half mile home.

She squealed, "Mommy, PUH-LEASE! Carry my bike! Oh PUH-LEEEEEEEASE!" It was non stop, it lasted the WHOLE trip. And every once in awhile she threw in random shrieks for good measure. I just kept walking and she kept following, tears streaming down her face. i think my only regret is not having my camera with me to catch it on video. I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing.

In other news Tom woke up with a strange mark on his neck.



He claims to be unaware of how it got there and doesn't remember getting hurt. It looks like he got pinched by a zipper, but the only zipper in bed with him last night was down the front of his pajamas, certainly, not around the back of his neck. I'll just chalk this one up to the mysteries of the three year old.

2 comments:

Chipmunk Chatter said...

I am glad I am not the only one who feels the need to laugh out loud when my child is throwing a ridiculous fit.
Also, that is a pretty decent mark on Tom's neck...crazy!

The Mantha Family said...

Good for you for sticking to your guns about Abby riding home!