Wednesday, January 09, 2008

What is that?

Abby: "Mommy! Mommy! Tom doesn't know what that yellow stuff is in the kitchen."

Tom: "I need new pajamas."

Me: "What happened?"

Tom: "I don't know what it is but it was really wet."

Great, Tom peed all over himself and the kitchen floor. First I stripped him exactly where he came to find me, in the middle of the hall. His socks didn't seem wet, so at least he didn't track pee pee all over the carpet in the house as he came to find me. And the good news is, after I re-dressed him (in new pajamas at 11AM - don't ask...) there was a nice neat little puddle on the kitchen floor. Yay! Not on my carpet! Whew! Crisis mostly averted. Until..... I was between wipes, soaking up the urine with a washcloth and he rubbed his brown bears through it! Ew! Into the washing machine they went, with the urine soaked clothes and Abby's favorite bears (so Tom's bears wouldn't get lonely. Now I'm just praying that somehow they will all be dry by nap time.

Preschoolers are fun. You should all have one. Or two!

1 comment:

The Mantha Family said...

That's funny that Tom didn't know that the wet stuff was pee. And I'm glad the bears are all such great friends that they keep each other company in the wash!