Sunday, December 23, 2007

That's a Wrap!

Wrapped. I'm done. I did it all. I finished wrapping all my gifts today. I did about half of it a couple weeks ago, and the second half today, and I'm DOOOOOONNNNNNEEEEE! When I wasn't wrapping gifts today, I was knee deep in Comet and Windex, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens etc. Standard Sunday fun. I'm tired and achey now. I really need to hire a maid service. My body is not cut out for that kind of work anymore. But the idea of a stranger, coming into my home every other week... It's one thing to have a gardener, but someone in my house, in my bedroom?! It's a little weird to me. But I've been meaning to hire help since we moved here. After all, Paul did get the gardener. (well, I got the gardener, but only because he said he was done mowing lawns.) That was 18 months ago!

A little funny story about gardener's: The other day I was driving the twins around somewhere. As we backed out of our driveway, I waved to one of our neighbors. Its' a neighbor I've never introduced myself to because we never see him outside. He lives kitty corner, across the street and he happened to be out mowing his lawn this particular morning. Anyway, I waved and Tom asks, "Why, Mommy? Why did you wave?" I told him it was polite to wave to our neighbors. He replies, "But that was the gardener!" Oh, these kids are spoiled.

I have no pictures for you, as I've been too busy to pick up the camera these days. We had a lovely visit with some high school/college friends of mine on Saturday, and I forgot to bring the camera. Then that evening we hung out around the Christmas tree in Davis, again...forgot to bring the camera. I need to have seven cameras. One for the car, one for my purse, one near my computer, one in the kitchen/family room and three spares for other ridiculous places.

I put some gifts out under the tree tonight. I'm excited to see Tom and Abby's faces in the morning, and then watch the squirm all day when they can't open them until bath time! I started a family tradition last year, where I buy PJ's for the boys in the family, and Paul buys PJs for the girls. Then we open them all on Christmas eve and wear them that night so we can open our gifts in our new PJs on Christmas morning! I'll have to take pictures because I think you'll get a kick out of the pajama pants I got for Paul. Let's just say...even Tom was jealous when I let him peek at them!

PS If you sent us a giant stuffed panda and a giant stuffed dog for Christmas, please identify yourself. I'm going to let the twins see them on Christmas morning, but there was no card attached, so I don't know who to thank.

1 comment:

The Mantha Family said...

I am all for having someone clean your house - it is so nice to open the door and smell the clean! Srikant likes it too because Lourdes cleans far better than I do.