Friday, December 14, 2007

Coats for Kids

Tom has an aversion to jackets. He also has an aversion to any food without preservatives, but I digress. This jacket issue has lasted well over a year. Before he went on the strictly red uniform I went winter coat shopping for the twins last November. I came home with a pink puffy jacket for Abby and a blue/orange puffy jacket for Tom. He did wear it one night in December last year (we forced it on him) and that was that. This proper jacket has collected dust for the last year. So I decided to buy him a new one, a red one, in the hopes he would wear it. Because not only will he only wear a red jacket these days, it has to be the SAME red jacket, the one that is a size 2T. It's basically a glorified sweatshirt. So what I have learned to do is layer him with a t-shirt a sweat shirt and this alleged "jacket" when it's cold out. But no more! He looks ridiculous (not to mention cold) because he needs proper jacket. I told him I shrunk the jacket in the wash so now I introduce to you (with much pleading begging and threatening he can't go outside at all) his new jacket. Doesn't he look so grown up?



(and yes, I left the tags on while they went looking at Christmas lights down the street last night because I wasn't convinced he was going to like it)

2 comments:

Chipmunk Chatter said...

Love the jackets! Very stylin' little ones. :)

The Mantha Family said...

You are quite the trickster - they look so grown up in the jackets.