Thursday, November 01, 2007

More IVs For Me

This morning I gave in. I've had a nagging illness for the last two weeks. I didn't catch a cold or anything, I just started getting yet another chest infection. I gave the oral antibiotics a whirl for the last nine days to no avail. So I made the dreaded call to the doctor this morning for some IV antibiotics. The last two placements have been somewhat pleasant (in April and August) but today was an exception. This doctor tried three times and finally resorted to my "juicy" vein in the right arm. By the time I left I had enough lidocane to numb an elephant, a really sore right arm and the "I told you so" look on my face.

I negociated home IVs with my doctor on the condition that he sees improvement by my next appointment on November 13 or else I have to get admitted to the hospital to boot. My goal is to be better for our trip to Disneyland in 5 weeks. I think I can do it!

No comments: