Sunday, November 04, 2007

The Hunt For Red... Shoes?

I admit it, Tom is obsessed with red. And I'm ok with that. He wears red clothes everyday. (shirt, shorts and shoes) but the problem is the shoes. He wears the same red shoes. I have THREE other pairs of red shoes and he won't touch them. So since June he's been wearing the same pair and frankly they are on their last legs!

I was browsing the internets on Friday morning showing Tom all sorts of red shoes, which he continued to poo poo. Then something strange happened. As I was browsing the Stride Rite website I came across these white sneakers with a fire engine on them! Exciting! And get this! The engine lights up when you walk!



I showed the shoe to Tom and he went nuts. Not only that, I found a website with the shoes for sale that had a "blinking" feature, so it looked liked the fire engine was blinking continuously. So the next thing I know, all day long he's talking about his fire shoes. "Let's go get them right now!" he says. He was so excited! And so was I! A new shoe! Which he'll wear!

I left my room with the laptop open to the blinking shoes and when I came back I found Tom and Abby sitting in my "office" looking for his shoes. Tom repeatedly says, "Mommy, I don't know what I did. I lost my shoes." If these kids are anything like their parents, they will certainly soon become addicted to the internet. I wonder what kind of laptop Santa brings for 3 year olds?

3 comments:

The Mantha Family said...

Wow, you have some pretty tech-savvy kids! And congrats on finding some alternate shoes - I'd like some with lights too!

Chipmunk Chatter said...

Tom & Abby look like naturals working on the computer!

Rick said...

Cute photos. When I was very young there was a little old lady that lived across the street from us that would bring us cookies if we wore red. So I wore red as often as I could. My mother told me years late that she thought the lady was a bit out of her mind. Maybe it goes with people that like red. :0)

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/