Monday, November 12, 2007

3, 2, 1, Splashdown!

Yesterday was a big day in the Telford household. The long awaited inaugural poop into the potty.

After Tom awoke from a short nap we took a trip to Target and Jamba Juice yesterday afternoon. Once we were home Tom started squatting and running for the bathroom, "mommy! I have to pee pee!" Ok, now I know that is unusual for Mr. Steel Bladder and his demeanor suggests he's got something other than pee pee up his sleeve. So we went to the potty, sat down and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

10 minutes must have passed when he gave up and returned to littering the house with toys. Then again, the squat, the run and "Mommy, I have to go pee pee!" So once again, we went to the potty, sat down and waited.

And waited

And waited.

Nothing for several minutes, could have been an hour, I lose track when my butt goes numb from sitting on the edge of the bath tub. And once again, we gave up, and resumed to making mayhem around the house.

Then, third time's a charm right? The squat, the run, the plea for help, "Mommy! Mommy! I have to go pee pee." I knew all along what he had to do was not pee pee. So back to the potty we went. My patience wearing a bit thin. Just go already! This time I brought the camera because after all, I had a captive audience. Where else was he going to go? I snapped a lovely shot too.






Then finally, the strain and kerplunk! Into the potty! He shoots up into the standing position and spins around as quickly as he can to look at what just happened. Stunned, or amazed, I'm not quite sure, but I congratulated him. He talked about how proud everybody was going to be. Yes we were! Then we waved bye bye and flushed the first poop down the drain. He's been day trained for months, but this is the first poop on the potty, as he preferred to use his nighttime diaper for such activities until yesterday.

Cheers to no more smelly diapers! There will just be bare bottoms to wipe from here on out! Here's a photo of the potty charts last night.



You can clearly see who uses the potty more frequently.

No comments: