Monday, September 24, 2007

It's Good to be Green!

Settle down folks, I'm not actually green.

But my NEW car is! Ok, my car is not actually green either, it's grey.



I guess it does have a little bit of green on it afterall....



But it is fuel efficient. I got a Hybrid yesterday! A brand new 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid. It's a bit smaller than my old car, which will hopefully sell today (fingers crossed) but if i learn to drive it right I could actually get up to 40mpg or more!!! This of course is not advertised fuel economy data from Ford (average 32mpg for my car), but I've been doing my research and with some double brake taps here, a little coasting in neutral there...I can run on 100% electric for miles!!! It's a whole new driving style. Of course they also recommend not driving above 55mph and avoiding freeways at all cost. But who wants to drive under 40mph all the time?

*****UPDATE******* 8 PM
My car sold today! Sight unseen. This fellow travelled nearly 3 hours to purchase it this evening. He got a fair deal and I got more (much more) than I would have expected at trade in with the dealer. Tom on the other hand did not think this was so fair. As the buyer drove out of our driveway in HIS car Tom asks "is he coming back?" I said, "no, mommy has a new car now" and he burst into inconsolable tears for about 10 minutes. Then we went and had milkshakes for dinner and all was right in the world again. I think he likes the new car now. Wait till I find some Disney station on my new car satellite radio for him!

1 comment:

The Mantha Family said...

Oh wow! A new car ... how exciting! Good for you for being an environmentalist - you are definitely doing your part! I don't blame Tom for being sad, I get attached to cars too.